AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sum (if) based on multiple conditions

Question asked by NataliePiguet on Jul 7, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Sum (if) based on multiple conditions

Hi Gents

I am trying to make a cash flow database for my business and I am new to use FM.

I have one table in which I am saving all purchases i.e.:

Unique ID, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Supplier Name, Invoice Value, Type of Expense

I am also trying to make a yearly report where I can display a summary of all expenses in a table, i.e.: the column names are months and rows are types of expenses, like: Tools, Materials, Equipment. So in theory, I want to have 3 rows 12 columns each of data. Now I assume I need a summary field in my table which will do the calculation. I have been doing a little bit of Visual Basic in it's time years ago on a PC, so i tried to play with the functions and read help files but didn't get far.

If any of you kindly could explain what function I need to calculate how much I have spent for let's say Tools in January I would really appreciate. So a function is needed to look up all invoices with date containing January as month and Type Of Expense "Tools".

Now it would be great to have a drop down list with years somewhere aside so I view the spending for each year ;)

I know I am probably asking much.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Nat x

Outcomes