1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2014 10:03 PM by philmodjunk

Sum Count of Related Records

sccardais

Title

Sum Count of Related Records

I want to show the number of Support Tickets received from each customer. Customers are in a table "ORGs". Support Tickets are in a table "Support_Tix). They are related with a match field "OrgID."

I created a sub summary report in ORGs showing records from Support_Tix. (Support_Tix is an exteral source file to ORGs)

The leading sub summary part contains the match field (OrgID) from Support_Tix, the Org Name from ORGs and a calculation field (CountRelatedSupportTix) in ORGS to count the number of related records (Support Tickets) in Support_Tix. The calculation is Count(SUPPORT_TIX::OrgID)

A trailing sub summary contains a summary field SummaryRelatedSupportTix that is a Total of CountRelatedSupportTix. This is the field that I want to sum the count of related records but at the moment, it's only showing the value of the bottom row in each sub summary section.

• 1. Re: Sum Count of Related Records
          philmodjunk

Normally, such a report layout would be based on the table Support_tix (the fact that the data is in another file makes no difference here) not ORGs. I don't see why you have any sub summary layout parts if the data being totaled is from a related table rather than the layout's table.

What you describe sounds like the summary field you want to use to compute the grand total is a field defined in Support_Tix. Is it?