5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 1:45 AM by comment_1

Summarising a weeks records

bmjboy

Title

Summarising a weeks records

Hi All - for some reason, this pretty simple task is baffling me.

Can you help?

I have an incredibly simple set of records for telephone enquiries which come into the company consisting of:

Call Date

Caller Name

Caller Tel Number

Enquiry Notes

Once a week, I would like to see a report or page showing the enquiries for that week in a summary or list, or even just a number!

Eg, I can show my boss that we had X amount of calls last week.

Can someone please advise on how to go about this?

ive managed a calls summary/report by day - which works, but I guess need a calculation field to add those up for a 7 day week somehow.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Summarising a weeks records
          comment_1

bmjboy wrote:

Once a week, I would like to see a report or page showing the enquiries for that week

If it's only one week, you can simply find the records that fall in that week.

• 2. Re: Summarising a weeks records
            bmjboy

Is there a way of keeping a "live tally" of the weeks records using some kind of count calculation?

Ive generated a very simple dashboard which takes the user into Sales or Enquiries.

I wouldnt mind having the weeks enquiries count on the dashboard or within the enquiries section.

It would be a simple record count for Total Records from a Saturday to current day, then resetting every Saturday.

• 3. Re: Summarising a weeks records
              comment_1

Do you mean "weeks" in plural? If so, how many?

Also, which version are you using?

• 4. Re: Summarising a weeks records
                bmjboy

No, sorry, a Week's singular.

FMP11 on WinXP

To summarise : We take phonecall enquiries, which need logging. And a report needs to be made, along with a "running total" of the current working weeks calls into the company.

Our working week starts on a Saturday at 00:00 and ends on a Friday evening at 23:59.

I already have reports setup for type of call etc, but I need to summarise it and count it by this weekly timeframe.

So for instance today is Tuesday, we have taken 300 calls since Saturday. I would like to see that figure somewhere on  the dashboard or a report. I then need that number to reset to zero on Saturday.

Im sure this is quite simple, but Im struggling to get my head around it.:smileywink:

any help most welcome.

• 5. Re: Summarising a weeks records
                  comment_1

Well, as I said, for a report you just need to find the records of the current week and place a summary field in the grand summary part.

For the dashboard, add a calculation field to the Calls table (result is Date) =

CallDate - Mod ( CallDate + 1 ; 7 )

Add an unstored calculation field to the dashboard table (result is Date) =

Get (CurrentDate) - Mod ( Get (CurrentDate) + 1 ; 7 )

and define a relationship matching the two calculation fields.