AnsweredAssumed Answered

Summarize Hours in portal with repeating calculation

Question asked by RossEwing on Aug 4, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 by RossEwing

Title

Summarize Hours in portal with repeating calculation

Hello all,

This if my first post. I am very new to File Maker Pro 13, and I am having trouble with a solution i am working on. here are the Basics:

This is a Schedule database for my department to use to schedule and track the hours of our part time employees, replacing an Excel spreadsheet I had made for the same purpose. I am switching to File Maker to add integration with one of our other solutions. The goal is to have this solution provide a Live and printable Calendar for employees to see when they work. my problem comes in when i try to replicate a must have feature of the Excel file; a total of the weeks scheduled hours.

my latest attempt at this is I have created a repeating Calculation field in my Employee table that looks like this:

Let (
      [ LowerDate =
      Case(
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 1 ; 0  + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal) ;
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 2 ; 7  + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal) ;
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 3 ; 14+ Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal);
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 4 ; 21+ Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal);
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 5 ; 28+ Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal)) ;

UpperDate=

Case(
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 1 ; 6   + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal) ;
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 2 ; 13 + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal) ;
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 3 ; 20 + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal);
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 4 ; 27 + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal);
       Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )  = 5 ; 34 + Extend (  Interface::cDateOfFirstPortal)) ];

If (

Shifts_To_Interface::Shift_Date_Start   ≥   LowerDate

and

Shifts_To_Interface::Shift_Date_Start   ≤   UpperDate;
       Sum (Shifts_To_Interface::Total_Shift_Hours; 0 )))

The result of this calculation is displayed in a portal on the Calendar view at the end of each week, however in the current state of my calculation I only get the hours added from the last day of each week on the first week only.

my question is; is there something that I am missing when I do a repeating Calculation, or is there a better way to show this information without a portal?

Solution_Example_jpeg.jpg

Outcomes