1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 10:02 AM by philmodjunk

Summarizing fields do not aggregate all values

PecCars

Title

Summarizing fields do not aggregate all values

Consider the tables Months (with 12 records one for each month of the current year), with a view Months ThisYear Arrival Month, where actual and budgeted stays are sumed up from a table called Requests. There is also a table called Budget which has entries per each month of all periods.

In Requests::Stays there are currently entries for the months Jan, Feb, Mar, Jul, Sep from this year, since there are only bookings in those months. 

In Budget there are entries for all months of this year.

In my mind, in Months::Actual Stays the quantities summed up should include the values for the months Jan, Feb, Mar, Jul, Sep which is the case. Also in my mind, in Months::Actual Budget, the quantities summed up should include all entries for all months. This is not the case, in Months::Actual Budget, the quantities summed up include only the months Jan, Feb, Mar, Jul, Sep.

What do I need to do in order for Months::Actual Budget to sum up the quantities for all months of the year ?

Screen_Shot_2014-01-04_at_23.14.26.png

• 1. Re: Summarizing fields do not aggregate all values
          philmodjunk

Sum ( Related Table::Field )

Computes the total of Field over all the records in Related Table. If such a calculation is not returning the expected total, the first thing to check is whether the defined relationship is matching to the correct set of records. Put an unfiltered portal to Budget Arrival and put Budget Stays in the  portal row of this portal. What you see in the portal is what your Sum function is summing.