1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 11:35 AM by philmodjunk

Summary and Calculation Not including "0"

VanessaAnne

Title

Summary and Calculation Not including "0"

Hello, 

I am trying to find the total count of a summary field whenever a numbered value is entered that is not "0."  For example, the column is "Acceleration Shots/Costs" and there are 10 records.  5 records have a value of "0" and 5 records have a value ranging from $1 - $50,000 depending on the record.  

I need to find the total count any time a value is entered in that field higher than "$0" and then I also want to add the total value up when finding the records.  

I'm on Filemaker 11. 

Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Summary and Calculation Not including "0"
          philmodjunk

then I also want to add the total value up when finding the records.

A summary field that computes the total of this field would do that--provided you do not have negative values in the field.

For your count or so that you can get a total of values > 0 when some values may be negative:

Define a calculation field, cShotCostsGT0 as

If ( ${ Acceleration Shots/Costs } > 0 ; $ { Acceleration Shots/Costs } )

Then use summary fields to count and sum cShotCostsGT0

Note: the use of / in the field name causes FileMaker to add the ${ } notation. I recommend not using characters such as / in field and table occurrence names.