1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 6:00 AM by philmodjunk

summary and grouping

TerryCano

Title

summary and grouping

I have spent hours on this and can't seem to get it and I'm sure it is quite simple! I want to sort by a field (called Cat) theend of that group of records show  the total of the group  Also using FileMaker 10  but every time I create a empty database  it defaults to fp7 Thanks Terry

• 1. Re: summary and grouping
          philmodjunk

I want to sort by a field (called Cat) theend of that group of records show the total of the group

1.           Set up a layout for this that will be viewed in List View.
          3.           Add a layout part called a sub summary layout part. Select "when sorted by Cat" as the "break" field for this sub summary layout part.
          5.           Select the "Print Below" option when you click OK to finish setting up this new layout part.
          7.           Place a summary field in this sub summary layout part that you've defined to compute the total of the field from which you need a total for the group.
          9.           Enter browse mode and sort your records by Cat to make this new layout part become visible and display the desired sub total.

using FileMaker 10 but every time I create a empty database it defaults to fp7

This is normal. FileMaker 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 all use exactly the same file format. All use exactly the same .fp7 file extension.