2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 1:07 PM by MaxwellRobin

Summary Field in Title Header

MaxwellRobin

Title

Summary Field in Title Header

Hi Guys,

I am creating a layout so I can print packing lists for shipments.

I created a layout that works by performing a find using a field called "Palette ID". Every Record in my database has a "Palette ID" number and then I just perform a find to isolate the shipment I am trying to print.

Each record also has a field called "Weight", which is the weight of each box.

Shipments have multiple boxes in them and therefor I would like to calculate the total weight of the shipment.

I created a summary field "total weight" to count the total of "weight" for each box.

I would like the "total weight" field to produce the total of all the found records.

The "total weight" field is in the Title Header part of my layout. That is where I would like it to be. Is that possible?

The only number showing up in the "total weight" field is the total of a single record, not the total of all the found records.

Thank you

Maxwell

• 1. Re: Summary Field in Title Header
          philmodjunk

What you describe should work just fine. So I suggest taking a closer look at:

I created a summary field "total weight" to count the total of "weight" for each box.

Either that wasn't done correctly or that summary field isn't the actual field that you put in the header of your layout. This summary field also needs to be from the same table occurrence as that specified for the layout if you want it to show a total based on the current found set.

• 2. Re: Summary Field in Title Header
            MaxwellRobin

Right as you responded I tried putting the "total Weight" field in the same table occurrence, and it worked perfectly.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Maxwell