AnsweredAssumed Answered

Summary field not displaying proper value on trailing grand summary

Question asked by AliSheikh on Dec 16, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 by AliSheikh

Title

Summary field not displaying proper value on trailing grand summary

Hello, I need some help with a summary field not displaying proper value. Attached is an image of the relationships and tables for reference. 

I have a layout displaying records from the " request_ext_line" table. The layout is sorted by the " ext part" field on subsummary. I was trying to display a related total of "qty_cut" field from the 'stock_extrusion_qtycut' tables ( you can see a relationship ive created with global fields to show total values based on dates selected ). I created a field  called sum_q_cut with the formula - sum(stock_extrusion_qtycut 4::qty_cut) on the reqest_ext_line_table and then made a summary field out of it to put in the trailing grand summary part.  The subsummary shows the correct amount from the field sum_q_cut but the summary field of sum_q_cut ( when placed in trailing grand summary) displays a value with a multiplied effect :s. For instance if i have 3 records with the same ext_part number on the reqest_ext_line table , the sum_q_cut is multiplied by 3 in the summary field. I can't find a way to fix this, i just want to be able to display the grand total  of the sum_q_cut subsummary when it is placed in the trailing grand part. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

111.png

Outcomes