AnsweredAssumed Answered

Summary or Calculation Field?

Question asked by NaturSalus on Dec 2, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 by NaturSalus

Title

Summary or Calculation Field?

Hello,

I am developping a project that manages Deviations reports. So the basic structure of the DEVIATION table is the following:

__kp_Deviation

DeviationTitle

DeviationDescription

DeviationOrigin

DeviationSubject

The DEVIATION::DeviationOrigin field values are selected from the Deviation Origin value list.

The DEVIATION::DeviationSubject field values are selected from the Deviation Subject value list.

I am trying figuring out what is the best strategy to COUNT the number of records that have the same value for two fields: DEVIATION::DeviationOrigin and DEVIATION::DeviationSubject. The final purpose is to carry out basic statistical analysis and a graphical presentation of data.

For example,

There are 254 records that have the value: "Product Deviation" for the DEVIATION::DeviationOrigin 

and those can be grouped as:

150 records that have the value: "Finished Product" for the  DEVIATION::DeviationSubject field

100 records that have the value: "Intermediate Product" for the  DEVIATION::DeviationSubject field

4 records that have the value: "Raw Materials" for the  DEVIATION::DeviationSubject field

For example,

DEVIATION REPORT

Deviation Origin: DEVIATION::DeviationOrigin. Total Deviation Origin:

Deviation Origin: Product Deviation. Total Deviation Origin: 254

Deviation Subject: DEVIATION::DeviationSubject. Total Deviation Subject:

Deviation Subject: Finished Product. Total Deviation Origin: 150

Deviation Subject: Intermediate Product. Total Deviation Origin: 100

Deviation Subject: Raw Materials. Total Deviation Origin: 4

Which fields (calculation or summary) do I need to create to keep tract of the number of records with a particular value for fields  DEVIATION::DeviationOrigin and DEVIATION::DeviationSubject?

Thanks,

natursalus

Outcomes