5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 11:39 AM by JeromeSimons

Summary Report: Omitting records for one category in while including them in summary calculation

JeromeSimons

Title

Summary Report: Omitting records for one category in while including them in summary calculation

Dear All,

I would like to creat a summary report that groups my records by a binary category - previous and current. For that, I have been using sub-summary headers that respond to sorting by that category. However, I wish to only display records with current as their associated category, leaving out the previous ones. Though, I still want a summary summation of both categories, previous and current. It is just that I want to not show those individual records associated with previous.

Obviously, restricting the found set only to current does not make sense because the summary fields that display the totals would then exclude the previous.

The end result has to conform to a template that someone developed without thinking about the fact that Filemaker insists on displaying all the individual records for each summary category if they are in the found set (which they have to make my totals correct).

In the attached image, it uses the example Ghana. In that case, I would like to hide the records previous and just display the amount of money that belongs to previous but keep the individual entries for current. In addition, I would also like to hide the type Program Implementation Grant that corresponds to previous.

In short, I am trying to create a summary report that inlcudes both of two categories but only displays the individual record information for one of them and summary data (summary fields) for both of them.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Jerome

summary_problems.jpg