4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 12:47 PM by TSGal

Super Slow Printing

DrDave

Title

Super Slow Printing

I'm using FM9Pro on a Mac (10.5.5). When I send a simply report to the HP LJ 6, it take five minutes to print one page. I'm only printing five columns of data and I'm using a Times Roman font.

Otherwise, the printer prints very quickly...from any other application.

Any thoughts? 

• 1. Re: Super Slow Printing
          TSGal

DrDave:

Thank you for your post.

There is no reason why printing should take that long.  I am printing to a LaserJet 4050N through our network, and it typically prints within three or four seconds.

Is this printer on a network?  If so, can you set it up for local printing?  Can you try another font (Helvetica)?  Is there a lot of graphical information on the layout?  I'm trying to determine possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Super Slow Printing
            DrDave

Thank you. I revisited the report and was going to change the font and noticed that one of the columns of data was red. I then formated that field to be like the other fields and presto...back to 3-seconds of process per page.

Thanks again. 

• 3. Re: Super Slow Printing
              tourandtravelres

Hello,

I just upgraded my computer to Mac OS X 10.5 and I have Filemaker Pro 8.   My Epson Stylus C120 printer now prints reports from Filemaker really really slow.  It does not print any other reports or files from other applications slowly, just from the Filemaker.  This is new since the upgrade, prior to that it printed everything just fine.  I did download updates for my printer and that did not help.

The solution given does not help in my case. Any suggestions.

• 4. Re: Super Slow Printing
                TSGal

tourandtravelres:

Thank you for your post.

Just to be clear, the printing worked find under Mac OS X 10.4, or did you have a prior OS version?  Are you printing a layout with a lot of objects?  Does the slow printing only occur with this one database file?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.