1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2013 7:05 AM by philmodjunk

Supervisors Request Aproval System (Multiple Users Access)

ShaikhAtta

Title

Supervisors Request Aproval System (Multiple Users Access)

Hello I am working on a request system where employees will login and submit their requests (e.g. Vehicle Request, Leave Request) and it will get submitted to their respective department supervisor for approval. Now I am confused on the supervisor layout :

Will all the supervisors have a different layout to see the subordinates request and approve it?

Or 

How can I create 1 layout in which they will be able to see their subordinates request and approve it?

I have added a Field in every request which will be created which autofills the respective supervisor's name of the employee submitting the request, but as we all know that if more than 1 supervisor is logged in on a single layout will it be possible for them to Approve a request because it will conflict an issue of multiple users logged in and will not edit the record. 

Please Help

• 1. Re: Supervisors Request Aproval System (Multiple Users Access)
          philmodjunk

but as we all know that if more than 1 supervisor is logged in on a single layout will it be possible for them to Approve a request because it will conflict an issue of multiple users logged in and will not edit the record.

That will only be the case if two or more users have the same record open for editing. (Clicking or tabbing into a field opens it for editing.) As long as each supervisor is approving a different record, their should be no issue. And the lock applies to the Record, not the layout. When a user has a record open for editing, All other users may see but not edit that record and this lock applies across all windows and layouts that the users have open.