See the "Sliding and VIsibility" section on the Position tab of the Inspector.
I saw that, but didn't make sense in this context.
Still doesn't, but I'll play with it some more.
Terminology is the problem: "slide" does not seem to relate to suppress a blank line.
I don't want fields to move anywhere...
What is a "line" in your print layout? If each "line" is a record, perhaps you just need to omit that record from your current found set.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.