5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2011 10:35 PM by symbister

Suppressing zero entries in report

symbister

Title

Suppressing zero entries in report

Hi using FMP11 Mac OS 10.5.8

I know it's all about TO's but have experimented without success...How do I suppress budget lines that have a nil amount.

Screen shot below showing Report, Layout and Relationships - all help appreciated...

Picture_2.png

• 1. Re: Suppressing zero entries in report
          philmodjunk

IF this is a list view layout, not a portal, perform a find or constrain the found set to omit records with empty fields.

1) add an omit type request to the find you are already using that puts a lone = operator in the field that cannot be empty. Make one such omit request for each such field where you want to exclude if empty.

2) After pulling up the above records with a find or Go To related records operation, enter find mode, put an asterisk in the field that cannot be empty and the select Constrain found set. Repeat for each such field that cannot be empty.

Both actions can be done by hand or in a script.

• 2. Re: Suppressing zero entries in report
            symbister

Thanks Phil

No, it's a form view layout - and not a found set, but listing all records from table Budgets, but what I'm aiming for is only listing the records from table Budgets if the Budget amount is not zero.

thx

• 3. Re: Suppressing zero entries in report
              Kaps_1

In your script :-

Set Error Capture[On]

Enter Find Mode[]

Set field[Budget Amount;">0"]

Perform Find[]

Set Error Capture[Off]

thanks

Kaps

• 4. Re: Suppressing zero entries in report
                philmodjunk

Your layout looks like it is a list or table view.

How are you displaying the individual rows of data here? Is this a portal or separate fields from a related table?

In either case, from which of the 8 table occurrences shown is the data pulled from? (in a portal, this is indicated in the Show Related Records From drop down in Portal Setup...) And on which of these same 8 is your layout based? (I would guess "Budgets" but need to be sure.)

• 5. Re: Suppressing zero entries in report
                  symbister

oops, yes of course you are correct - it's a list view Smile

and yes I've sorted out what I was really trying to do - I had merely had a button to Go to Layout, and trying to filter out zero budgets, trying to get too complicated, but with a couple of very simple script steps, thanks Kaps for putting me back on track, I now Go and Find and Sort in one hit - stupid newbie error

Thanks again