4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 2:02 PM by regex

Survey DB

regex

Title

Survey DB

Hi Everyone, 

I looked through the forum, but could not find anything regarding this, or a sample DB template.  Looking for best practices on a survey DB.  I currently have table with questions (table(s) because questions.  But, the question is how should I present the questions in the layout?  I tried a value list, but it did not show.  I would want to present the question and then have an answer as to either PASS or FAIL.  

• 1. Re: Survey DB
          philmodjunk
          • 2. Re: Survey DB
            regex

I still do not see how the actual questions would be presented in the layout.  Would each question be presented with a label that describes the question, or present the question from the table via a field?  

• 3. Re: Survey DB
              philmodjunk

There are multiple options.

A list view layout can list multiple questions in  a list with a field for recording the response.

A form view layout can be used to present the user with one question at a time.

In either case, a script can create a found set of "response" records, each linked to a different question record so that a field from the Questions table can display the question while your "responses" based layout includes a field from responses for recording the response.

It's even possible to display radio buttons or checkboxes for recording the  response where the value list uses is a list of values stored in a field in the Question table such that you present a different set of values for each and every question.

• 4. Re: Survey DB
                regex

That is what I needed!  I added a tab and then I created a button to automatically go to the list layout with the questions.  Thanks again.