3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 6:48 PM by denno

survey stopped working

denno

Title

survey stopped working

I have a surveys database set up with the surveys/respondents/questions/responses structure that's been described in other posts. Everything has been working fine except several questions are not being created when I start a new survey. Nothing in the database has been changed. Any ideas why this would be happening?

• 1. Re: survey stopped working
          SteveMartino

Well my only guess is either its corruption or something has changed (you just may not know it) based on some kind of structural/calculation issue.

Can you go thru back up copies and find one that works?

• 2. Re: survey stopped working
            philmodjunk

"starting a new survey" would require a script to generate response records in order for the respondent to enter their responses? (There is more than one way to set up a survey for new responses, but this is the most straight forward option.)

both a problem in the script or in the data used to match question records to particular survey could cause such to happen.

A damaged index could also be at fault--advanced recover options can repair all indexes in a file.

• 3. Re: survey stopped working
              denno

Turns out some of the questions were missing from Questions. Not sure how that happened.