AnsweredAssumed Answered

Switching from "Table View" to "Form View"

Question asked by bobmonty on Mar 30, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Switching from "Table View" to "Form View"

Hello,

I have a built a database of records where the standard view is Table View, so it looks much like an Excel spreadsheet. This view only has four fields: Name, Location, Birthday, and Age.

I have also created a more detailed Form View that has about a dozen fields and contains more detailed information.

What I'd like to do is find a way - while in Table View -  to click over to the more detailed Form View for each record. For example, the first record in Table View might say "John Doe (click here for more details)" in the Name column, and when I click on the "click here for more details", it switches over to Form View. The next record says "Dan Smith (click here for more details)", and when I click on the "click here for more details", it switches over to Form View. And so on. Or maybe, instead of "click here for more details", there's a little icon of some sort on each record to click and automatically switch over to Form View.

I'm assuming there's a way to do this, but I've been mucking around for a while and can't seem to find a way. Any help appreciated. Thank you!

BTW - I am using Filemaker Pro 9.0v3. I use a MacBook Pro running 10.6.3.

Bob

Outcomes