AnsweredAssumed Answered

syncing

Question asked by LawnGuy on Apr 16, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2011 by bumper

Title

syncing

I have a home office computer (mac) with filemaker pro 11 and two in field laptops (windows). After a lot of experimenting on what would be the best way to operate as far as web publishing and networks etc. I've decided that the best way forward is to put the filemaker pro 11 app on the field machines. I'm using a trial app to experiment and in the field it performs great and I'm not reliant on internet connection and navigation is much better. At the end of day I've been exporting the days records that were produced on field machine and importing them into home database on mac. This doesn't take to much as I have a home network that allows me to do everything easily. What I've found though is that I have to delete the tables that are on the field machines and copy the updated tables from home office computer back onto field machines. I can live with that but it has a couple minor hangups as far as printing and exact layouts from mac to windows etc. as well as several extra steps. It would be much easier if I could just set up an old fashioned sync with the 3 machines. Is there a way to do this? or is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do.

Outcomes