4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 5:10 PM by kshivner

Tab Control - see all fields from all tabs on each tab?

HugoLidia

Title

Tab Control - see all fields from all tabs on each tab?

FMv11- XPwith SP3

I have a layout with two tab controls.  One with 7 tabs, works perfectly, in browse when User selects a tab the relevant fields are displayed etc.etc.

The other has only 2 tabs ( was working prior to me adjusting the position of the tab control object by a few mm) the second tab being for notes, the first one for a variety of fields.  However, now all the fileds from both tabs are visible irrespective of which tab one selects in browse mode, but in layout mode only the fields for the selected tab control are visible.

Any ideas?

I have got around problem by creating a new tab control and cutting and pasting all fields into new control, which works fine - curious why old one stopped working though.

• 1. Re: Tab Control - see all fields from all tabs on each tab?
          fitch

If you resize the tab control so the top or left side of a field falls outside the tab, that's what happens. When I resize a tab, I pay attention to the outline inside the tab that shows the boundary of the fields on the inactive tabs. That helps prevent this problem. You'll have to try it to see what I'm talking about.

• 2. Re: Tab Control - see all fields from all tabs on each tab?
            philmodjunk

You also get weird results with tab controls if even one pixel of your tab control "crosses the line" to become part of your header. If your tab control is close to the header-body boundary, try nudging it down a pixel or two to see if that fixes the problem.

• 3. Re: Tab Control - see all fields from all tabs on each tab?
              kshivner

This is bad - it should not be this hard to create and maintain a form with multiple tabs - I have to individually mark each field and its lable to move them and I can not drag them with the mouse I have to inch then along with shift cursor key. Should be able to do this with the mouse. I should also be able to drag a square around the objects I want to move and move them. MS Access can do this why can't Filemaker. If MS Access worked on Mac OS I would buy that and use it. I can build an app hours faster in MS Access then with Filemaker.

Sorry but I find hitting brick walls when using Filemaker very frustrating and in order to use more advanced features I have to pay more money not so with MS Access. Don't see how Filemaker can compete with MS Access.

Very Frustrated

• 4. Re: Tab Control - see all fields from all tabs on each tab?
                kshivner

Scratch that on moving the objects with shift cursor YOU CANT MOVE THEM AS GROUP when in a tab only one by one that is so non productive. This is why it takes hours to develop simple things and it should not.