7 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 4:10 PM by philmodjunk

Tab control within tab control

Richa

Title

Tab control within tab control

Hi

I have a layout in which I have a tab control panel having tabs named as Survey, collection and analysis and in one of the tabs( analysis tab) of the panel, I have another tab control panel. My problem is that the tab control panel under the 'analysis' tab appears on the layout all the time and hides all the fields under the survey and collection tabs. Even when I select 'survey' tab , then also the tab control panel under the 'Anaysis' tab appears above the fields under the 'Survey' tab.  I have even set the first tab i.e. Survey as the default tab. So, the tab panel under 'Analysis' tab should be displayed only when 'analysis' tab is selected.

I have been looking into this issue for quite a long time now but have not been able to resolve it. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Tab control within tab control
          Jade

This is usually caused by either the tab size or its positioning that places it slightly outside of  the 'analysis' tab area.

• 2. Re: Tab control within tab control
            Richa

Thanks so much!!!

I reduced the size of the tab panel under the analysis tab and its working perfect now.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Tab control within tab control
              wharf.insights

When I am in layout mode, it seems fine like the way I set it up....(tab 1:Main Address, tab 2:Additional Info, tab 3:Kids, Home, Pets)

but then when I am in browse mode, it shows the fields that are in the second tab on top of the first tab (Main address). So it is illegible!!!

I used to have it set up perfect, I must have messed around with something and now I can't get it to the previous layout.

please help I am new with this and have a database of 10,000 that i cannot afford to lose!

• 4. Re: Tab control within tab control
                philmodjunk

The easiest way to test to see if a layout object (including another tab control) is properly contained by a tab control, is to select it in layout mode and drag it a few pixels in one direction or another. objects fully enclosed by the tab control borders will move when you the tab control. Items that extend some part of themselves outside the border will not move with the tab control and you can then see which ones to re-size or re-position.

• 5. Re: Tab control within tab control
                  wharf.insights

hey there,

i did do that and the entire box moves with the three tabs...so what i am saying is that all three tabs are within one box and i can't figure out why the field names are on top of one another when im in browse mode, but they are not on top of one another in layout mode.

does that make sense? i can send a picture if that helps

• 6. Re: Tab control within tab control
                    wharf.insights

Ok i have just fixed the problem with the little fill pattern tool.

now in layout mode on my first tab called (Main Address) i have the following:

address

city

state

zip

in the second tab called (Addiional Info) i have the following:

income

level of education

employment status

NOW the only fields that are changing when i am changing tabs are the first one, from address to income!!!

the others remain loyal to the second tab fields

please help!

• 7. Re: Tab control within tab control
                      philmodjunk

You can also get unexpected results if even one pixel of your tab control extends into the header. If you are close to the line, try moving it down a few pixels on the layout.