2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 10:24 AM by philmodjunk

Tab elements becoming disassociated

RyanMcCoy

Title

Tab elements becoming disassociated

Well, I have yet another issue.  Whenever I create fields in a tab (yes, I tried clicking on the tab to make it highlighted THEN adding the field) they are not being associated with the tab they were created on.  Everything looks fine when in layout mode, but as soon as you exit, everyhting is stacked.  For demonstration purposes, I placed a box with a different fill color on each of the 4 tabs.  The screenshot below is what results after exiting layout mods.  I tried cutting everything, clicking on the tab name and pasting it, no luck.  I have dragged everyhthing outside of the tab's field and dragging it back in... nothing.  

Also, I checked, no part of the tab field is overlapping into the header field.  

I am out of ideas at this point. Any suggestions?

ss21.PNG

• 1. Re: Tab elements becoming disassociated
          schamblee

I don't understand your color boxes.  The tabs are across the top of the screenshot Tab 1 is Cues, Tab 2 is Report, Tab3 Invoice, and Tab 4 DMX.  You click on the tab and then place items on that tab.  A tab is like a different layout.  Just covering the basics, like I said the color blocks are the only thing that looks out of place.  Files are known to act crazy, if they are damaged.  Under File click on Recover and see if that finds any errors.

• 2. Re: Tab elements becoming disassociated
            philmodjunk

I predict that this tab control touches or crosses the boundary line between the header and body layout parts. Move your tab control down until it no longer touches or crosses this line and it should work just fine. Since such a tab control is often used with Form View, you may find it simpler to remove the header layout part from your layout after moving all layout objects out of it.