1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 3:37 PM by philmodjunk

Tab justification needs more flexibility with Tab/label positioning

GeorgeSzynal

Title

Tab justification needs more flexibility with Tab/label positioning

In the Tab Control Setup dialogue, the label tab that gets created for a tab control has some default justifications availble, and they are left, center, right, and full. That is fairly limiting overall when setting up my tabbed layouts. I am wondering how to create a layout where one tab is next to the other, and so on, and so on. I have seen some screen shots of sample layouts that imitate tab controls by creating a separate layout for each tab page, and placing a button on the tab label that use Go to layout to navigate among the tabs. Those solutions look nice, with each tab right next to the their surrounding tabs, but that's a lot of work. Can anyone tell me how to better control the positioning of tab labels in tab controls without going to that extreme?  

• 1. Re: Tab justification needs more flexibility with Tab/label positioning
          philmodjunk

"I am wondering how to create a layout where one tab is next to the other, and so on, and so on."

I'm afraid that you lost me there. As you add tabs to a tab control, each tab is next to the other. Do you want all the tabs to fill out across the control? A "full" justification would be nice.

In addition to the justification options, you can also control the width of the tabs. You could for example, specify a fixed width for each tab so that they fill evenly across the top of the tab control.

Is that what you had in mind?