4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 5:22 AM by George99

Tabbing between butons

George99

Title

Tabbing between butons

Hi all,

I am trying to produce a summary score sheet for a memory game, where in a list I have three buttons in the footer.

One starts the game again, one prints the current score, and one shuts the game down.

They work fine as buttons with a mouse, but some of my users cannot use a mouse, so I am trying to set the layout, so that hitting tab key switches to each button in turn, and the enter key selects it.

Despite setting the tab order in layout, when in browse mode, the tab key has no effect.

Can anyone suggest  what I am doing wrong?

George Humphries

Filemaker Novice using Filmaker pro advanced 10 windows xp

• 1. Re: Tabbing between butons
          raybaudi

George99 wrote:

Despite setting the tab order in layout, when in browse mode, the tab key has no effect.

... but it has to have !

Be sure that those buttons have a number assigned to their right side ( when viewed during the setting of their tab order ).

Note that you'll fire their script even with the space bar.

• 2. Re: Tabbing between butons
            George99

No joy,

Numbers 1, 2, & 3 to the right when in tab setup, but when in browse mode neither the tab key or return key have any effect.

George Humphries

Filemaker Novice using FM10 pro advanced and windows XP

• 3. Re: Tabbing between butons
              LaRetta_1

"where in a list I have three buttons in the footer.where in a list I have three buttons in the footer."

In list or table view, you are right, George, it will not tab to buttons in the header or footer (even if set in tab order).  If you are in a field already in the header or footer and then tab, it will work.

• 4. Re: Tabbing between butons
                George99

:smileyhappy:Thanks,

That's put me onto a way of bodging a solution, by putting a very small field in the footer that's hardly noticed.

I can then tab out to my buttons.

George Humphries