1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 1:57 PM by philmodjunk

Tabbing between portal fields

dbarnard1

Title

Tabbing between portal fields

I have a portal with four fields, that is designed to speed data entry when a shipment containing multiple items is received at a warehouse. I want the user to be able to enter a serial number in the first field, then tab to additional fields in the same portal row to enter in additional data (part number, etc.). when all the information about an item is entered, they should be able to hit Return to move to a new line, create a new record, and enter data about the next item. 

I've set the tab order for the layout, which is based on a separate Shipments table (containing info specific to the shipment), so that it tabs through the shipment-specific fields first, then through each field on the portal. I've also set the Field Entry options for each field so that tab, return, and enter all go to the next object. However, in practice when pressing any of these keys from a field in the portal, it goes to the same field in the next record, rather than the next field in the same record. Is there a way to change this behavior?

• 1. Re: Tabbing between portal fields
          philmodjunk

The default tab order settings on your layout would take you from left to right through the fields of the portal row--moving to field 1 of the next portal row if it exists or if you have "allow creation of records via this relationship" enabled for the portal side of this relationship.

Thus, you've managed to change something here, but it's not something we can pick out just from what you have described so far.