AnsweredAssumed Answered

table content maintenance layout

Question asked by HenkHoogerbrug on Aug 14, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

table content maintenance layout

hello,

I am creating a new database and I am wondering if it is possible to create a layout with the following functionalities:

1.           Field to select a database table
              (with a custom function it is possible to create a list with possible input values)
  3.           Based on the selected table all the fields should be visible to enable the user to set filter values
              (with a custom function it is possible to get a list of all the fields of a given table)
  5.           A button to find and display the values from the selected table (refer to point 1), based on the filter values of point 2

I think to create one table called TableContentBrowser with the fields:

•           TableName
  •      
  •           FieldName

This table can be used to create a layout where the selection can be made.

Layout: Explore_Table_Contents
     When the field TableName is populated I can fill the table TableContentBrowser via a script. When the table TableContentBrowser is updated based on the selected table I will have a list with all the fields. Which I can display on the layout (for know I do not need the list of all the table fields on the selection screen).

But then I want to display the table contents and I do not know how to do that. Anybody an idea how to display all the table contents on the screen, based on the selected table?

Outcomes