2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2010 2:50 AM by david583

Table context with Get Functions?

david583

Title

Table context with Get Functions?

FM Pro 10 & FM Pro 11, FM Server 11 on shared network. Solution built on FM Pro 10 ,Windows XP OS

I have a calculations table for common calcs I use across several layouts (in the header), related by cartesian function to the tables the layouts are based on.

I use this to display the layout name, current date, company week of year, current account name, company logo, search globals etc. etc.

I also have calculations that show found count, total record count etc. and these are in their specific tables.

Is there a way to move these calcs into the common table and give table context to the calculation.

ie. tell it which related table I want the record count done on and display record counts from that table, with the calculation done once in the common table.

My aim is a common header I can use on any layout without having to change calculations

• 1. Re: Table context with Get Functions?
          FentonJones

The found count and total record count are table-specific, and very fast at their job. If you create those two functions within two unstored calculations in one table, you can copy/paste those fields in any table and they will work. Put them on the layouts as Merge fields, and they can be copy/pasted to any layout; they will work (they sometimes like you to go into Layout Mode and double-click them, to get them to recognize their new local fields, but that's all). Go into Browse Mode, and they'll work. 

• 2. Re: Table context with Get Functions?
            david583

Thanks Fenton,

That's sort of how I was doing it, thought I might of been missing something. I was hoping I could do it from the one calc in one table, but I guess it's only two fields per table.

It's about the only edit I need to customise each header, so it's not too bad to live with.Smile

The main problem was, I wasn't re-selecting them in layout mode. Agree, very fast calc, even on large totals. Thanks for your quick reply.

David