1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 2:51 PM by TSGal

Table Headings

Adnan

Title

Table Headings

Recently I built an inventory database for personal use using FileMaker Pro 10 on Windows Vista. However, Some of the tables in my report (Body Section) span more than one page and are sorted under categories e.g. computers, laptops, etc. as a subsummary above the body section.

The problem is it doesn't look good to have table headings in the header section as they appear above the category name. I also tried putting the table headers with the category subsummary section but if the table continues on a second page the category name and table headings are not repeated on the second page and I end up with a table with no headings.

Is there a way to attach table headings to appear at the top of each table and also repeat at the top if the table continues on a second page.

• 1. Re: Table Headings
          TSGal

Adnan:

Thank you for your post.

If you are printing one record at a time, then you may want to consider having a Title Header.  This prints only on the first page, where the Header begins printing on the second page.  This way, you could have your regular Header information in the Title Header, and then have the table headers appear in the Header.

Unfortunately, this will not work with a found set of records.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.