AnsweredAssumed Answered

Table Instances Question

Question asked by jkostenbader on Apr 1, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 by jkostenbader

Title

Table Instances Question

Ok...still trying to warp my brain into table instances and when and how to use them. Consider the following...

ACCOUNTS has a one-to-many relationship with PROJECTS. Each project has a "Responsible" person that is selected from the EMPLOYEE table. "Responsible" is stored as a full name in the projects table. On a layout based on EMPLOYEE, I would like to see data related to the projects they own. I have created a relationship between full name in EMPLOYEE and "responsible" in PROJECTS to accomplish this.

Ideally I'd like a portal on this layout that lists all the projects this employee is responsible for (which works fine). Unfortunately the data is a little meaningless without the associated ACCOUNT description. Any which way I turn it lists only the first Account name and not subsequent. I know I need another table instance somewhere but I'm a little stumped on which one and how to draw the relationship. Presently the portal in question is based on the PROJECTS table. Consider the following relationship graph to better illustrate.

Screen_Shot_2014-04-01_at_11.18.19_AM.png

Outcomes