AnsweredAssumed Answered

Table Occurrences - Do not make sense - Advice Please

Question asked by JohnMike on Dec 5, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Table Occurrences - Do not make sense - Advice Please

Dear All,

Obviously very new to FMP and attempting to find my way round. The results I am getting just do not make sense to me at all.

Here is an example:

I am looking at a table occurrence that which has a relationship between two tables one defines and stores all invoice records for a customer the other defines and stores the categorization of those invoices. The 'match' fields are correctly specified.

When I open the layout which displays this table occurrence all the records are listed not the sub set which matches the relationship specified.

I have looked at several other table occurrences constructed in a similar manner. All of them display all the records not the subset I am expecting.

When I use a portal to effectively display the same data on a test layout using exactly the same relationship parameters I do see the expected sub set.

This makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever. When I display the table occurrence in a layout I only expect to see the records which satisfy the relationship criteria.

Could someone please explain. From reading the documentation on table occurrence I think that my expectation is correct. Yet what I see make me think I am completely misunderstanding what this documentation is telling me.

Regards

Outcomes