AnsweredAssumed Answered

Table Relationship Trouble - I want to auto populate another table with existing data

Question asked by MichaelThale on May 24, 2012
Latest reply on May 25, 2012 by GuyStevens

Title

Table Relationship Trouble - I want to auto populate another table with existing data

Hi everyone,

First off, I am new to Filemaker and am using a trial version to determine if Filemaker will meet the goals flr my business.  I am not super tech savvy but understand the very basics of FMP.  

So here is the scenario and I will be as specific as possible so that maybe one of you awesome developers can be AS SPECIFIC on giving me an answer :-) 

Right now, I have a parent data base with two fields, Address & Field Rep.  The Address field is populated by an Microsoft Excel file that I import into FMP.  However,  I manually am entering each Field Rep's name into the database giving them an Address assignment.  My end goal is to be able to have a Child table which I will call Property Evaluation Checklist that will automatically be populated by the Address & Field Rep fields, which will then display an aray of evaluation fields.

I can't get the Address & Field Rep fields from (Table 1)  to populate in my Property Evaluation Checklist (Table 2).

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

michael@ozlund.com

relationship_problem-01.jpg

Outcomes