4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2010 2:31 PM by midgr

table view with the status bar not enabled.

midgr

Title

table view with the status bar not enabled.

Ok a simple question from a newbie.I want to make a database for a small company.I want to make a button and display all the records from the database.I know that if i press table view the program displays all the data but i want to do that with a button.Can i do that?

• 1. Re: table view with the status bar not enabled.
          philmodjunk

Do you want clicking the button to switch the view from Form or List to table view or do you want it to show all records?

These are two different operations and simply switching to table view may not show all records. It'll show all the records in your found set which often is not all the records in your table.

• 2. Re: table view with the status bar not enabled.
            midgr

I want to display all the records.The table view is very userful cause i can go anywhere and change any record.I want to make something like this but with all the records.Its a simple database so i believe the table view will show all my records.So i want to just press a button (with the status bar disabled) and go to table view.

• 3. Re: table view with the status bar not enabled.
              philmodjunk

Whether your database has many tables or just one, a lot of records or just a few, the only way to be sure your table view is displaying all records is to switch to table view and tell filemaker to show all records. Without using any buttons, you can select View as Table from the View menu to switch to table view and Show All Records from the Records menu to show all records.

To do this with a single button click, you can write a script with two lines in it:

Show All Records

View As [View as Table]

Then you can add a button to your layout and set it up to perform the above script when it is clicked.

• 4. Re: table view with the status bar not enabled.
                midgr

thanx a lot Phil this is what i was looking for.