0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 8:16 AM by MarkEmerson

TABLES

MarkEmerson

Title

TABLES & FILES

I have a moved a large data base which was relational from Lotus to Filemaker Pro 12.0V5 via and Excel spread sheet onto Mac OSX.  The original was in fact several data bases that were originally relational but are no longer due to the transfer. I am happy with the day to day use of the programme but having problems trying to establish any relationships.

1. I have changed the name of the primary DB and also altered the names and position of some of the fields, but in "manage,database " it continues to use the old name followed by "converted" but has all the fields listed.

2. The  DB with its new name is also displayed but without any fields listed?

3. In the User manual it talks about Files and Tables and being able to have more than one table within a File. How is this achieved, as I understand it one DB is a table

So I have a number of perfectly functions DB's but unable to link them, should I go back to the beginning and do things differently [I would rather not as considerable updating of records has also taken place] or can I progress from where I am?

Thanks in anticipation