AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tables and relationship

Question asked by malijames on Aug 2, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Tables and relationship

I'm trying to setup a student grading system(SGS) but finding it difficult to set up the tables and the appropriate relationship. The SGS is as follows

1. the school system runs an academic  session so i will create TableSESSION

2. each session is divided in to three parts called (1st Term, 2nd term , 3rd Term) so i will create TableTerms to hold the        three terms

3. each of those three terms conduct three examinations before proceeding to another term that is three exams in 1st term before moving to 2nd term and another three exams in 2nd term before moving to 3rd term and after 3rd term, a new session starts with 1st term

4. Each of those three examinations are graded and similar subjects are taken in all examination ( i think i need TableSUBJECT)  and the the Totals of the first, second and third  exam is cummulatively added together in the third examination every term.

5. The examination are conducted at different classes called (GRADE1,GRADE2....) so i need TableCLASS

6. similar subjects are offered in all the different grade level

7. new students are registered into different grade level at a particular term and session and  they will offer all the subjects allocated to that level (i need TableSTUDENTS)

So how do i relate these tables if i realy need them all?

TableSESSION

TableTerms

TableSUBJECT

TableCLASS

TableSTUDENTS

i dont know if i'm asking too much , i just need some guidiance

Outcomes