1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 9:24 AM by philmodjunk

Tabs and Charts in reports

PaulBurton

Title

Tabs and Charts in reports

In a report I created, I want to add Tabs and then I want to add a chart next to the tabular data.

I assume (never a good thing) that I could just create a "Frame" like I would in Word and put the chart in the frame. Not so.  When I insert a chart, it creates a separate chart for every record in the Body of the Layout.  I want ONE chart summarizing all the data in the Body.

Example:

Country Rev07 Rev08

abc 1 2

def 1 2

---------------------------

Total 2 4

The fields Rev07 and Rev08 are actually Calculated fields from another table.  What I want is to insert a trailing grand total under the last entry.

Ideally I would like Tabs, which I assume will allow me to have a separate report on each tab?  How do I do this?

• 1. Re: Tabs and Charts in reports
          philmodjunk

The only way you can list multiple records inside a tab in a tab control is to use a portal to list multiple records from a related table. If you set that up, then either summary fields defined in the related table or calculation fields, defined in the layout's table, using the sum function can be placed below the portal to compute grand totals.