4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 6:15 AM by philmodjunk

Tabs in scripting

brutuswa

Title

Tabs in scripting

When writing a script, in navigation, how do I ...

1. indicate to open a certain layout tab.

2. Go to the next record.

I have search high and low in solutions but often it's knowing what question to ask, lol.  I am using FMP12Adv

Brett

• 1. Re: Tabs in scripting
          beckett85_1

Easiest way is to give the tab an object name and within the tab use the command 'goto tab'

other option is to use a 'goto field' script step and point to a field on that particular tab

• 2. Re: Tabs in scripting
            brutuswa

Thanks for that Beckett

I can't see a "Goto Tab"

and...

in "go to field" it doesn't seem to differentiate which tab that field is on?  Many fields are on different tabs and I don't get the choice?

Also you say "point to a field" - Can you double click a field on a layout whilst you are in the write script window?  Do you have to be in "Edit Layout" at that time.  As far as I can see, you can only indicate a field from your list of fields in the popup window with the list of fields.  No indication of which layout.

tia

Brett

• 3. Re: Tabs in scripting
              beckett85_1

not a goto tab, on layout mode, click on the tab once, then click again and the tab will be selected, you can then use the inspector to give the physical tab a name

in scripting use the goto object function

• 4. Re: Tabs in scripting
                philmodjunk

And to explain the use of go to field, that step puts the cursor in the specified field. If you use this step to put the cursor in a field on a specific tab panel, that tab panel will pop to the front just like Go to Object will.