4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 10:33 AM by philmodjunk

Taking photos with phone, uploading to dropbox, script to import using CNS image plugin

GregSchnider

Title

Taking photos with phone, uploading to dropbox, script to import using CNS image plugin

I've got a database that's hosted by a 3rd party hosting company. It essentially contains property records. we send out a driver that visits a property and takes photos of the property with their iphone or android or point and shoot. those photos need to be related to a property record (Property_ID). There will be multiple photos per Property_ID. the photos go into their own table and get related to a certain Property_ID. 

Using the plugin, CNS Image,  I have the ability to import an entire folder of photos from a local drive. I was thinking that the driver could take his photos then upload them to a folder that is named with the Property_ID. Then a script would use the CNS image plugin to find that folder in the local dropbox and upload them to the database. 

I'd like this to tie in with something like supercontainer so that the photos don't slow down my database. Also, I'm concerned that if the local drive where dropbox is located becomes unavailable for some reason (windows update, internet connectivity) then the pictures are inaccessable. So maybe there is a way to have a webserver mirror the dropbox folder and store the photos there. 

Please let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks so much. 

CNS Image plugin - http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/Plug-ins/CNS_Image

Filemaker 12 Pro Advanced