3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2012 8:50 AM by philmodjunk

Task Management DB - New features

NilsMortenAlexandersen

Title

Task Management DB - New features

Hello Forum. As I am a newbi to FM, I have lots of questions  :-)

With the Task Management Template DB in FM 10 as a starting point, I feel that some important features are missing, to make this a great tool for real work.

HOW DO YOU .....

When the START Date for a project is in the future, automatically change the Project Status to something like NOT STARTED YET ?

When the START Date is TODAY, automatically change the Project Status to OPEN?

When the DUE Date for a project is reached, automatically change the Project status from OPEN to OVERDUE ? (and mabey colour the background for the Status field i.e. RED  ..... )

The same goes for Start and DUE dates for individual tasks ....

When status is set to OVERDUE, automatically send an Preformatted Email to the persons assigned to the OVERDUE project/task ?

Anyone care to comment ?

Cheers Nils

• 1. Re: Task Management DB - New features
          philmodjunk

When the START Date for a project is in the future, automatically change the Project Status to something like NOT STARTED YET ?

I don't have that template open in front of me, but take a look at setting up an auto-enter calculation for the project status field. It should be possible to use something like this:

If ( Start Date > Get ( CurrentDate ) ; "Not Started Yet" )

For the rest of your requests, do you know how to create scripts? It should be possible to set up scripts that use today's date to update the status of projects and tasks. This could be done with a script trigger that performs to update a single record when you bring it up on a layout, or a batch update type of script that updates them once each day.

• 2. Re: Task Management DB - New features
            NilsMortenAlexandersen

Hello again, and thanks a lot for your replies.

My scripting skills are limited, but I am picking up new stuff all the time :-)

I have managed to come up with a script that does almost what I want ... but I need help with the last bit.

IF [Oppgaver::Dato_Tidsfrist  <  Get ( CurrentDate ) and Oppgaver::Dato_Tidsfrist ≠ "")]

Set Field [Oppgaver::Status; "Forfalt"]

END IF

The script is triggered with the event OnRecordLoad

The problem is .... The script works, but only on 1 record.  I need to browse throough the records to update them, ( I guess  this is related to the chosen trigger :-)

I need the script to make the change for all records that records that match the IF string

IF [Oppgaver::Dato_Tidsfrist  <  Get ( CurrentDate ) and Oppgaver::Dato_Tidsfrist ≠ "")]

Any ideas ?

Cheers

• 3. Re: Task Management DB - New features
              philmodjunk

If you read my last post again, I mentioned two options, one that works record by record like you have created and a "batch" operation that updates them all as a group.

Perform a find using the criteria in your If script step. You can enter <8/24/2012 in the Dato_Tidsfrist field, create a new request enter an = in the Dato_Tidsfrist, click the Omit button for this second request and perform the find.

THen you can use Replace Field Contents to put "Forfalt" in the status field of all the found records in one operation.

As a script:

Go to Layout ["Oppgaver" (Oppgaver) ]
              Enter Find Mode [] // clear the pause check box
              Set Field [Oppgaver::Dato_Tidsfrist ; "<" & Get ( CurrentDate ) ]
              new Record/Request
              Set Field [Oppgaver::Dato_Tidsfrist ; "="]
              Omit Record
              Set Error Capture [on]
              Perform Find []
              Replace Field Contents [no dialog; Oppgaver::Status; "Forfalt" ]