2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 11:50 AM by trizko

TEMPORARILY locking a window

beckett85_1

Title

TEMPORARILY locking a window

Ok basically in my database you can add materials to a job which  come from a catalog, you open up the catalog it stores the job number of the open job and each item you click from the list, it quickly copies that from the catalog into the job items list, quite easy, but i can see an error popping up if someone leaves the catalog open and it remembers the wrong job and they keep adding items etc, what i want to do is the following

The User is in the Job Window

The user Clicks 'open catalog', the catalog pops up in a seperate window

the user clicks each material they want to add in 

the user closes the catalog with a 'close' button

all of this works fine, but while the user has they product catalog open i want the job window to be locked and nothing able to be pressed until the close button on the product catalog is pressed

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: TEMPORARILY locking a window
          mrvodka

You can pop open a new window and have it be in an indefinite loop.

Something like:

New Window

Go to layout [ yourlayout ]

Allow User Abort [ Off ]

Loop

Pause/Resume [ Indefinitely ]

End Loop

Now on the layout you will have to have a button that closes the window and exits the loop.

So have your script do a Close Window but here is the important part...

When specifying your script to call for your button, instead of the default "Pause" for the current script, use "Exit" instead. This will exit the currently running loop script.

• 2. Re: TEMPORARILY locking a window
            trizko

"When specifying your script to call for your button, instead of the default "Pause" for the current script, use "Exit" instead. This will exit the currently running loop script."

Can you please be more specific?