8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 1:12 PM by philmodjunk

Text styling in portal help

ericjlindholm

Title

Text styling in portal help

FMP 13 FM13GO.   I have a portal using alternating rows with a popover button.  All the text I am displaying is contained in the button so it can slide up if other fields are left blank.  Some is justified left and some is justified right.  The size and color of the font is different as well.  when I click in on other portal rows, the text all turns the smaller size and the lighter color.  and the top row appears to flash back to the proper styles as i click in and out of portal windows.  I turned off the alt row setting and it still does it.  i check all the different states the text could b in and made them the same.  the only time it does not happen is when i make the font all the same size and color.  thank you!

• 1. Re: Text styling in portal help
          ericjlindholm

it appears the data formatting may have something to do with it

• 2. Re: Text styling in portal help
            philmodjunk

I can't tell from your description exactly how you set up the layout objects in your portal.

• 3. Re: Text styling in portal help
              ericjlindholm

I have attached a screen shot.  The patten i am seeing is that rows that do not have a date or time are somehow transferring their style to text that follows it.  My data formatting settings are set for a custom date and mmss time.  when i disengage that data formatting, it appears to fix the issue but then my data does not display properly.  

• 4. Re: Text styling in portal help
                philmodjunk

And what part of this layout is setup as a popover button?

Do you mean that this entire portal is contained in a portal button? If so, and you move it out of the pop over, does that change the results?

when I click in on other portal rows, the text all turns the smaller size and the lighter color.

Have you checked the "in focus" formatting for the portal row? Is anything specified for that?

This is looking like something that should be reported in Report an Issue as a possible bug.

• 5. Re: Text styling in portal help
                  ericjlindholm

The text object in the portal is the popover button.  There is no portal in portal action here (i wish there could be).  The in focus formatting on the portal, portal row and text are all the same as the normal state.  

• 6. Re: Text styling in portal help
                    philmodjunk

How did you turn a text object into a popover?

Did you paste all that merge text in as the label text for your pop over button and then make the button border and fill transparent?

What settings for the different "states" of the Popover button have been specified in the Inspector's appearance tab? Those might just over ride the other formatting that you have specified here.

• 7. Re: Text styling in portal help
                      ericjlindholm

I created the popover button and typed the text into it.  no fill or border. The states are all the same as normal.  the only settings specified in the inspector are the data formatting.

• 8. Re: Text styling in portal help
                        philmodjunk

I can't seem to reproduce this behavior on my WIndows 7 system. If you are using a different OS, this could be an OS specific issue.

What I did:

Defined a brand new test file

defined a typical one to many relationship.

Created related records in a portal.

Created a new portal and place a large pop over button inside the portal row. I inserted text from the portal's table as merge fields to use as the button's label text. I styled the top text in red, font: arial. The lower fields are in blue, Times New Roman. I added the same fields to the popover just to have something to show.

I selected the button and selected a custom date and time data format.

I changed pop over button outline and fill to transparent.

When I click the popover, I see no change in style.

The only difference that I see is that I've sized the button to fit the height and width of the portal row.