12 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 5:48 AM by AdrianavandenDool

Thanks for the answer, shown underneath. I do not understand the underlined section: at the moment I...

AdrianavandenDool

Embarassed

Thanks for the answer, shown underneath. I do not understand the underlined section: at the moment I just loaded the file unto the website and then, when I try to open it - as a viewer - I have to open FMP to see the records. I am doing something from. Please help!

-----------------------------------------------------  

Your web users do not need the Filemaker Client

- they can view your records in their web browser

- you will need to set up the security to make sure they cannot see any other layouts, or create, edit, or delete records

- you may need to make scripts and attach buttons for things they need to do, or for actions they may not see they can do from the web tool-bar

- although there are built-in tools to enter Find Mode and Perform Search, you may want to add them to your layout to make them more obvious to the users

You can test the IWP set up from your desktop.  You can share the file using IWP (In File - Sharing) and try logging on to the URL 'localhost:591'

You can create a link on your website to take the user to wherever you host the file.