AnsweredAssumed Answered

The process I'm trying to model is a little complicated. * Dealership w/ multiple...

Question asked by tlawson on Dec 15, 2012

The process I'm trying to model is a little complicated.

•           * Dealership w/ multiple addresses
  •      
  •           * Employees / Groups
  •      
  •           * Consultation (Over time, there could be multiple of these and many record types associated with that visit)           

•                      Agenda Item(s) - many-to-one relationship with consultation
    •                
    •                      
    •                
    •                     >>>>> Observation(s) - many-to-one relationship with consultation
    •                
    •                      
    •                
    •                     >>>>> Recommendations(s) - many-to-one relationship with consultation
    •                
    •                                           

•                               !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There is a many-to-many to relationship between observations and recommendations, all related to this consultation.  This record is like a task with a start date, etc...
      •                          
      •                                
      •                     

•                
    •                     >>>>> Note(s) - many-to-one relationship with consultation, observations, recommendations
    •                
    •                      
    •                
    •                     >>>>> Employees/Groups - many-to-one relationship with both observation and recommendation
    •                
    •                                           

•                               !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who was I watching when I decided to write down an observation?  Who am I talking about when it comes to making a recommendation
      •                     

•           

Because I have so many different object types associated with an instance of a consult I thought this might be a good use of a global variable.  I'm not sure, but I think I can make TOs that merge the $$current_consult_ID with the recommendation table and others.  Not sure how to do this.

Would I do this type of merge on the fly?

Can I create a TO which merges Employees with a specific Dealership using a global variable ($$current_dealership)?

Can I create multiple agenda and attach them to an instance of "Consult" using a global variable ($$current_consult)?

Thanks again.

Outcomes