3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 7:43 AM by rmanbike

themes

rmanbike

Title

themes

Its been sometime since I used the layout themes that was standard in FM 7. Fast forward to FMA 11 and I see that creating a new DB completely by-passes the layout themes selections.

After searching I found the hidden themes folder. Looks to be about 28 different themes. But where and how do you apply themes to a new file now in FMA 11? 

• 1. Re: themes
          rmanbike
          • In Layout Mode choose LAYOUTS > CHANGE THEME
          • Right-click on an blank area of the existing layout and choose CHANGE THEME… from the contextual menu
          Why do I not see this menu item? 
          • 2. Re: themes
            philmodjunk

Yeah, but Change Theme is a FileMaker 12 feature not found in FileMaker 11. Didn't you notice that it's not there in your screen shot?Wink

I never used themes much in FM 11. As far as I can tell they can be selected when you use the New Layout wizard, but don't see any other way to select them.

• 3. Re: themes
              rmanbike

Basically I understand that themes are CSS, like most web pages but with a different file names .fth  Filemaker support for themes has been on and off since the early days. After looking at FM12 now, the themes are back again.