2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2011 9:26 PM by ArtStascausky

There is a database with active and inactive records. I want to be able to see the ones I select and...

ArtStascausky

There is a database with active and inactive records. I want to be able to see the ones I select and not the other ones.

I am using a table "Addresses" with another occurence "Address2" A self joint relationship using AddressID and MasterActive = Active is created.

TO Addresses                TO Addresses2

AddressesID -------------- = ----------------< AddressesID

and

Mcontrol ------------------- = ---------------Control

Mcontrol and Control have auto enter data with a value equal to "Yes". Mcontrol conrols the records I want to see and is changed from "Yes" to "No" (Active and Inactive) and viceversa using a script.

Since for each address record I have many people I have another table "People" with a one to many relationship from Addresses2. I am using a portal created from the context of Addresses2.

I change some of the records to "No" (Inactive) and using the record book symbol on the upper left side of the Status ToolBar I browse from record to record and all of them show up, the ones I deselected are blank but they show up. I expected to see the active ones only and the others not to show at all, not to be blank.

Is this the right approach for the task?

What should I do to jump out the ones I do not want to see?

Thank you

Art