5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 9:12 AM by philmodjunk

This may not be possible but....

appt

Title

This may not be possible but....

I have been playing with charting and have a reasonable understanding of how to make up a graph.

However, I have been asked to try to create the graph shown in the attachment. 

As you can see it does not have values for each x-axis value just a few. I can create a graph based on the values i put in but unless there are values in the very first age (y-axis) and the very last age the graph only displays from the lowest stored value to the highest.

The same is of course true of the x-axis with the added complication that I need text value on the x-axis. I can assign the colours to numbers so the bones of it are correct but can't display the values as text.

I thought about adding text boxes down the left hand side but of course that will not work as the graph changes size based on the number of values stored so the text won't match.

Bottom line is that I have to display that graph in its entirety on screen but will only be adding a few values.

If it can't be done then it can't be done.

SKMBT_C454014041612380_0001.jpg

• 1. Re: This may not be possible but....
          philmodjunk

I don't know of anyway to get the color coded columns on each side, but it is possible, though a challenge to get the lines to chart correctly by using a looping script with a calculation that interpolates to compute the needed missing values so that the horizontal distance between charted points is correct.

• 2. Re: This may not be possible but....
            appt

Which in anyone's book translates to "too much like hard work".

Think I will have to take an approach that I have used before and create a grid of values which react to a touch on screen and change their look as a result.

• 3. Re: This may not be possible but....
              philmodjunk

It is a bit of work, but since it can be done with a looping script, I think it will be a lot less work than "a grid of values which react to a touch on screen".wink

• 4. Re: This may not be possible but....
                appt

True.

Have just tried to use the hide object option in FM13 by creating 3 blue boxes and attaching the code 

level ≠ "Blue 1" to the first box

level ≠ "Blue 2" to the second and so on

which works fine but only for the first record in the portal, all subsequent records have no impact when changed. Is there a way to force the hide object to consider the other records in the portal?

• 5. Re: This may not be possible but....
                  philmodjunk

Calculations that refer to data in a related table will normally refer to only fields from the "first related record" as determined by the sort order specified in the relationship. But there are functions that can access data from other related records or groups of related records.

Please explain the exact logic that you want to use. "Consider" is pretty vague.