AnsweredAssumed Answered

This operation cannot be performed because one or more related fields are not available…

Question asked by arthurewilliams on Jun 28, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2011 by arthurewilliams

Title

This operation cannot be performed because one or more related fields are not available…

I am developing a solution to record student academic portfolios. Each student creates exhibits. Each exhibit contains one or more outcomes related to their major. As well, students may have several collections (sub-folios) of their work. Each collection may have different exhibits, and each exhibit may be in multiple collections.

I followed Philmodjunk's advice and used join tables and portals, which helped a great deal. As you can see from the screen shot, I previously established multiple outcome and Portfolio fields (Objective01, Objective02, etc), which I plan to eliminate.

Here's the problem. I need to draw the field values from value lists. For example, I need to create a related value list in the Exhibits portal in the Portfolio layout which will display all of a the student's exhibits. I thought I could limit this by selecting "Include only related values," but have so far been unable to limit the selection to the desired parameters. I have also noted that the relationship between ShortObjective and ExhibitOutcome remains many to many, even though I tried to used the join table (ExhibitOutcomeJoin) to simplify the relationship.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ElectronicPortfolio.jpg

Outcomes