1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2011 9:38 AM by DaveS_1

This should be really easy but i don't know how to make it work= getting values from other table

OscarPradilla

Title

This should be really easy but i don't know how to make it work= getting values from other table

Hi i'm triying to create a medical health records for my private practice, it was going really fast until this step, so i appreciate if anyone can help me.

In my diagnostics tab i have a portal to present this data

1. Diagnostic

2. ICD-10 (The code for the diagnostic in number 1)

The diagnostic is selected in the portal from a list of a related table which has in the colum A (Diagnostic ) and in the column B (ICD-10 code)

So i can select my diagnostic in the colum 1 of the portal without any trouble, but i can't make it work that when i choose my diagnostic in the colum 1, the next colum of the portal gets the ICD-10 code and insert it.

More conceptually

From a related table with values on column A and B to be used in select list on a portal to choose enter values, it's needed that when i choose a value of the column A, the value of the column B be inserted in the next field

Thanks.

Captura_de_pantalla_2011-08-07_a_las_10.13.42.png

• 1. Re: This should be really easy but i don't know how to make it work= getting values from other table
          DaveS_1

I tried this but in the diagnosis (diagnosticos?) table I stored the code value (codigo) instead of the diagnosis value, which I assume is a descriptive version of the code.  I then related the diagnosis table to the code table (ICD-10) by the code value instead of the diagnosis value. 

In a portal I put two fields, one was the code from the diagnosis table and one was the code from the ICD-10 table.  I made the first one a pop-up menu that referred to a value list that referred to the code value and the descriptive value from the code table and indicated to display the "second value" only. 

So, when you go into the portal, you click on the diagnosis field which pops up all the values from the descriptions in the code table, and when you choose one, it puts the code into the second field (because of the relationship not the pop-up).  Not sure if this is what you were even asking for (plus my Spanish is non-existant) but I thought it might help.

-Dave