1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 1:27 PM by philmodjunk

Three Tables/One Relationship/Attempting to pull back all related data but only getting 1st related...

ambertwist

Title

Three Tables/One Relationship/Attempting to pull back all related data but only getting 1st related record

I am working on a layout/report in FileMaker Pro 11. I have 3 tables that are related by Month. I am trying to use the month in Table 1 to pull back the details from the corresponding month in Table 2 and Table 3. I have set up multiple areas for the data to populate but it is only bringing back the first record from each table multiple times instead of recognizing there are more than one related records within the tables. So in Table 1 I only have the month May listed once but in Table 2 and Table 3 I have more than one record with the month, May. I want to see all records with the month of May from both Table 2 and 3. This is not a complicated database so I am unsure of what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Three Tables/One Relationship/Attempting to pull back all related data but only getting 1st related...
          philmodjunk

If you have three tables, you have at least two relationships as one relationship can only link two tables. Please list your tables and how each table directly links to any other table of the three. Also, please indicate if there are many matching records or just one for each side of a given relationship. (We call these one to many, many to one or many to many.)

It's likely that you have this relationship setup:

Table1----Table2---Table3

If you place fields from Table3 on your Table1 layout, the records present in Table2 will affect what records show from Table3 on your layout as the record in table1 must first match to one or more records in Table2 which in turn match to one or more recods in Table3

Without knowing more about your setup, there's not much more I can offer to help you out...