5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 3:29 PM by comment_1

Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10

jecomusic

Title

Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10

Anyone out there have a plugin for FM Pro 10 that calculates SMPTE timecode???

I'd love to get it if it exists!

Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10
          comment_1
             There used to be one for version 5/6. I am not sure it's necessary, though - I believe you can calculate whatever's necessary using only native Filemaker functions.
          • 2. Re: Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10
            jecomusic

True - essentially its just adding time.. but the tricky part is the calculation of frame rate.. ie 29.97 ndf.

it would be nice to have a program where i just put in the time and it spits out the answer.... in a perfect world haha

I'm a novice FM user, any tips on how to use the native FM functions for this??

Thanks! 

• 3. Re: Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10
              comment_1

Well, this is not something I would recommend to a beginner - but if you like, you could start with the pointers here:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/209041/

BTW, if you're really using NDF, then things should be easier for you - since you can easily translate the code to an exact frame count. The real time is then = frame count/29.97 (approximately).

• 4. Re: Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10
                jecomusic

Great! Thanks for the help! 

Do you know if that plugin works for FM 10??  i downloaded that spotting template in FM 7 and it works great.  I'm curious if there is one out there for 10.  

OR are you saying that FM 10 has calculation abilities for frames and time so that I can just make a formula on my own??

again thanks for the help!

• 5. Re: Time Code Plugin for FM Pro 10
                  comment_1

jecomusic wrote:
                  Do you know if that plugin works for FM 10??

I doubt it, but I haven't tried it myself.

jecomusic wrote:
                  i downloaded that spotting template in FM 7 and it works great.  I'm curious if there is one out there for 10.

It would probably be the same - I don't think there were any applicable new features since version 7. So, version 7 or 10 or anything in between - yes, it should be able to do the necessary calculations.