1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 6:36 AM by philmodjunk

Time counter pops up the keyboard on update on iPad

jackmac

Title

Time counter pops up the keyboard on update on iPad

Hi all,

Got a little issue with something. I have added a counter which, when started counts the time it takes for an event to happen. It usually takes around 45 minutes so the counter is set to refresh every 60 seconds. The problem is that when the counter refreshes, it pops up the keyboard on the iPad I run it from. If I run from a laptop, no problem.. the iPad.. keyboard every 60 seconds. Whilst it's easy to press anywhere and make the keyboard disappear, it's a nag I would rather not have.

Any suggestions on how to get the keyboard not to pop. The script is effectively:

get the current time, set to zero on counter, refresh every 60 seconds incrementing so it adds time up as it goes along.

Any help, much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Time counter pops up the keyboard on update on iPad
          philmodjunk

Sounds like you have a time field on your layout. Your script is automatically putting the cursor in this field and that pops up the time picker. (Happens automatically in iOS devices.

Remove it from the layout tab order. Or if you don't need the field to be one that you can edit on this layout, set it up as a merge field or use behavior settings to deny browse mode access.